Odyssey Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hosting troubles/looking for servers

4 posters

Go down

hosting troubles/looking for servers Empty hosting troubles/looking for servers

Post  InuAzuma Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:31 pm

hey x-x i've been trying to re-host my server so me and my friend can join again without having to deal with trouble from other people. we've been also wanting to build and try to keep ourselves alive as long as possible. but the thing is the router I have is known as 2wire, and I have never worked with this before. so I have no idea what I can do with the thing. I checked where I can set up the tcp and udp(or ucp whichever) and I can do it but it is asking for a system pass to login in and I look at it and I am like...i dont know the pass...how am I supposed to.. and just get really frustrated cause I really want to be able to host again. but if I cant host then me and my friend have to find a server that me and him can use to build without worrying about it being destroyed, because we are planning on doing a massive build of castlevania, symphony of the night of dracula's castle. -MIGHT do the inverted castle too-

so anyone have any ideas on what I can do?
InuAzuma
InuAzuma

Back to top Go down

hosting troubles/looking for servers Empty Re: hosting troubles/looking for servers

Post  Mewist2 Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:03 pm

Well, I suggest this site, it has all the info on port forwarding you should need, including passwords and stuff.
Good luck!
Mewist2
Mewist2

Back to top Go down

hosting troubles/looking for servers Empty Re: hosting troubles/looking for servers

Post  Kyle Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:54 am

Mewist, you can't find out the router login password, it's set by the provider. Try calling your provider? Or try your connection connection password.
Kyle
Kyle
Administrator
Administrator

https://odysseygames.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mewist2 Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:54 pm

Yeah, but that has a list of the default user-names and passwords for each modem, that's how I found mine.
Mewist2
Mewist2

Back to top Go down

Post  Tacoriffic Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:19 am

If you're trying to access the router itself, and if its asking for a non-secure username and password, then just type 'Admin' in both the username and password fields.

Linksys and 2Wire use these methods, so I would imagine you being able to do it.
Tacoriffic
Tacoriffic

Back to top Go down

Post  InuAzuma Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:41 pm

I have tried the Admin thing for the 2wire. but I might have to go with kyle but it isnt my router it's my step dad's I already asked him earlier to see if he knew but he doesnt. and when I click cant remember the hint is on label but I i looked and there is nothing :/ I tried connection connection and a few other things and no luck. so gonna have to see if I can re-host again when I get back down in florida in a couple weeks.
InuAzuma
InuAzuma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum